In the ”Studying User Perceptions and Experiences with Algorithms” workshop, there were many interesting questions popping up. Here are some of them:
- Will increased awareness of algorithm functionality change user behavior? How
- How can we build better algorithms to diversify information users are exposed to?
- Do most people care about knowing how Google works?
- What’s the ”count to 10” equivalent for online discussions? How to avoid snap judgments?
- How to defuse revenge seeking in online discussions?
- What are individuals’ affective relationships with algorithms like?
These make for great research questions.